Wow I posted a lot today (make sure to read them all!) But this is the last post for the day!
Baby girl Davis is due in 8 little days, although those days are seeming to take forever! I'm still grateful for the time I have had to get ready for her. And boy are we ready! The total anticipation is killing me! I want to hold her and take care of her! My last day of work was last Friday June 24th and it has been heaven being home and getting so many things done on my to due list and seeing my niece Tessa everyday!
I didn't believe pregnant women when they would say that they were "so done" at the end of their pregnancies because I was so comfortable with mine and felt so good..... but now that I am a week away I UNDERSTAND. I still love being pregnant and I can now understand postpartum when I look down at my belly and realize how much I will miss it and all of the movement. Plus I just love my view!!!
But I have officially gotten to the most uncomfortable I have ever felt in my whole life! Sleeping is almost impossible because my hips hurt so bad. Every time I flip over I have to readjust all of the pillows around me and be propped up just enough so that my heartburn doesn't kill me all night! I still swell sometimes but not as much as I was a few weeks ago, which I thought was weird, it's probably because I'm on my feet a lot less now that I'm not working. I got a little scare the other night when I felt a lump right by my Xyphoid Process, luckily we had a doctors appointment the next morning and he calmly reassured us that it is perfectly normal, but that everything is just being pushed and moved, so it literally is my Xyphoid (the x where your sternum and ribs meet) just sticking out of me! I have developed some kind of heat rash all over my body. I have heard of a couple pregnant women experiencing the same thing. I itch so bad! So much so that I will itch in my sleep and I wake myself up itching my body and have to stop and put cream on. If I go outside in the sun or get hot for more than a couple minutes my skin breaks out and scratching is a must! Needless to say our house is freezing and if I get hot I get very angry! Here are a couple pictures of what my skin looks like:
If it weren't for the itching I think I could handle this last week a lot easier. I can't stop it from spreading all over my body either because I can't help my scratching! I don't even realize that I do it half of the time, I feel like a child with chicken pox!
At the last doctors visit I was dilated to a 1cm and 60% effaced. I have been having A LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions. Last Saturday night they were 10-12 minutes apart and were more painful than they were uncomfortable, they lasted a few hours and then they were gone! My sister Chantel wrote me a text that said "And so the 'waking up every morning slightly disappointed that you didn't go into labor' phase begins..." SO TRUE ! I really truly want to feel what it is supposed to feel like to go into labor on my own but if I am a week overdue and my doctor suggests getting induced I will probably jump at the chance!
I can't think of one thing I can do before she comes! All of her clothes are washed and put away, diapers and wipes are ready to go, diaper bag is filled, and the hospital bag is packed with all of her cute outfits and blankets. Here are some pictures of us getting ready for her and finally her finished room!
Painting her new bead board picture frames! I also painted her shelf above the window and the side table by the rocking chair.
This is the fabric I chose for her bedding. My neighbor called it "timeless" and not childish, yay!
Sewing one of her fitted sheets, I could make one in ten minutes now that I know how to do it, so easy!
Making her bumpers (my sister was flying in that night and I really wanted to get them done before she came, so I worked on them for a good eight hours and finished at midnight)
All of her cute clothes hung up by month size!
Drawers are filled!
Before the finish
All finished!
I put matching fabric in the picture frames until we get pictures of her!
Bad picture but these are the curtains hung up inside the shelf my dad made so that I don't have a curtain rod sticking out, I think it turned out quite cute!
My favorite feature, these match all over the room!
Here is my progression in the last 8 weeks: The last picture you can really see how much I dropped




















5 comments:
Oh, this post was SO FUN! The baby's room is adorable. I just love how comfortable, how detailed, and how sweet it is. I'm impressed with your sewing skills. I never made sheets before. Your bumper pad and sheets look terrific.
I am so sorry you got a heat rash. I'd never had one before, but got one in Mexico through my black bathing suit on my stomach. I hope it goes away quickly.
You ARE SO READY AND PREPARED to have this baby. You and Jeffrey are going to be such incredible parents. We're praying for you every day!
Thanks for sharing such a special post! This baby is going to come home to so much LOVE!
By the way- you just glow being pregnant. You are just lovely at full term! I'm so glad you got so many prego pictures! They're so fun to see, and since I won't see you at this stage of pregnancy, I can at least see pictures of you. Thanks for carrying this baby for 9 months! I know those last few weeks are SO HARD!!
Jenn this was so fun! You are gorgeous. Your pictures are so cute! I love LOVE the fabric you used for the bumpers and frames, adorable! You've got me wanting a little girl now!
Isn't it so fun getting everything all ready? She's going to be here so soon! I get excited for you guys just thinking about it! It's such an incredible experience. I loved every day I was in the hospital and the whole experience from beginning to heading home for the first time as a family of 3.
We are so sad we are so many miles away, we wish we could be there to celebrate with you!
I hope these last few days treat you ok, It's just a little longer and then you can sleep on your stomach!
Take care you guys! We love you!
Yeah we are so excited for you guys! Your nursery is truly adorable, I love it. Let us know when your bundle of joy arrives
I love your crib bedding!!!! SO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment