Precurser: I will always take off my shoes at someone's home if I am asked, this is JUST random insight.
Last night while I was drying my hair, I glanced down at my feet and thought about why I always wear flip flops in the house... which started a tornado of thoughts in my head:
I think deep down in my subconscious mind I wear flip flops in my house because it's a RENTAL.... I literally have no idea what has been on the floor before me (even if it has been cleaned) and I HATE walking on hard floors and getting little crumbs stuck to my feet! ICK! We could sweep and vacuum everyday and it would still happen!
"Please Remove Your Shoes" signs are in millions of homes, but did we ever think of letting people keep their shoes ON? How do I know what has been all over your floor? When was it cleaned last? How do I know the last guy to walk in here didn't have a foot fungus? Why should I take off my realitively clean rubber soled shoes to walk all over your questionable floor? Maybe in every home we should just have shoe cleaners.... Signs should say "Please place your shoes in this cleaner because we don't know how clean our floors are, and how clean your feet are."
So if you have a please remove your shoes sign you may need to be prepared to answer cleanliness questions.
Just random insight
P.S. Our floors are pretty dang clean!
1 comment:
HAHAHAHA!!! That was so funny! I love it. I will always think twice about removing my shoes now!
Post a Comment