
Last week we made a trip out east to the lovely, green, humid and ongoing land of New Bremen, Ohio. I finally had the opportunity to meet(in person ... not on iChat) Jeff's parents William & Lynda, his brother Tanner, and re-unite with Michael. It was an amazing trip, and we both had the time of our lives, we only wish we could have stayed a little longer :(
After that we went to Kirtland! (about 3 hours away from New Bremen) Kirtland went through some pretty cool re-construction and updates since Jeff visited before his mission. The area was so green driving up and the spirit we felt there was very special. One of our favorite parts was coming over the hill and seeing the Kirtland Temple. It was probably the most humid day we were in Ohio, but we loved spending every minute of it with Jeff's family.
We were able to see the Newel K. Whitney Store and John Johnson farm as well, and couldn't believe we were walking on the same streets that Joseph Smith walked and preached! Amazing
Monday we went to have a little fun in a place we like to call "Amusement Park Heaven" Otherwise known as Cedar Point.
Jenn's two cents: Amazing Roller Coasters, with huge lines that were well worth the wait and sweat!
The last full day we were there Jeff's mom took us to Amishville, which was the most interesting part of the trip. The Amish amaze me. How do they live like that? It's like that saying off Dr. Doolittle "What am I supposed to do with out my cell phone?!" Jeff and Lynda asked a lot of questions ... and I just sat back and tried to figure it out!
Most confusing to me: Why their two-seat-er outhouse was right next to the smoke house!
After we got home I was taken on a tour of New Bremen, and I must say it is the cutest and most organized town I have ever been to.
It was a great vacation! We were very sad to come home, but we hope to go back and see the Davis' soon!
Here are some pictures of our trip!
The first day we were there we got to see the New Bremen Dance Recital, which was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen! It was so fun to see all the work Lynda and her family had put into making it such a nice program.
After that we went to Kirtland! (about 3 hours away from New Bremen) Kirtland went through some pretty cool re-construction and updates since Jeff visited before his mission. The area was so green driving up and the spirit we felt there was very special. One of our favorite parts was coming over the hill and seeing the Kirtland Temple. It was probably the most humid day we were in Ohio, but we loved spending every minute of it with Jeff's family.
We were able to see the Newel K. Whitney Store and John Johnson farm as well, and couldn't believe we were walking on the same streets that Joseph Smith walked and preached! AmazingMonday we went to have a little fun in a place we like to call "Amusement Park Heaven" Otherwise known as Cedar Point.
Jenn's two cents: Amazing Roller Coasters, with huge lines that were well worth the wait and sweat!
Jeff's two: Lagoon sucks.
We loved it and can honestly say those are the best rides this side of the Mississippi!
The last full day we were there Jeff's mom took us to Amishville, which was the most interesting part of the trip. The Amish amaze me. How do they live like that? It's like that saying off Dr. Doolittle "What am I supposed to do with out my cell phone?!" Jeff and Lynda asked a lot of questions ... and I just sat back and tried to figure it out!Most confusing to me: Why their two-seat-er outhouse was right next to the smoke house!
Most Interesting: The women have to over up their hair at all times, not even their children can see it!
AND: They don't have "kids" but they do have "children". Amish also don't allow any Flowers in the home, at weddings, or funerals, but they can grow them outside the house.
I got to feed a cute Llama, and sneak some pictures of the Amish! (they don't allow pictures to be taken of themselves)
After we got home I was taken on a tour of New Bremen, and I must say it is the cutest and most organized town I have ever been to.It was a great vacation! We were very sad to come home, but we hope to go back and see the Davis' soon!
Here are some pictures of our trip!
Tanner, Jeff and Michael
On the steps where Joseph Smith was dragged out tarred & feathered
and preached the next morning.


All of the New Bremen Dancers!

Amish need to make calls too!


2 comments:
The Amish crack me up
I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU POSTED YOUR TRIP!!! LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN!
bty- the picture of you two at the top - TOO CUTE! really!!!
I must admit that I'm still bitter I couldn't be there to hang out with you guys! but don't worry, I'm slowly getting over it. ;)
Post a Comment