Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Six Months
And Newborn Video



Our little Chloe bug is a half year old.  It is hard to believe, but when I look back, a lot has happened in her little life and six months makes sense.  I just don't want to believe that my baby is so big.  She is the most beautiful baby on earth! Her hair is the most gorgeous soft brown, and her big brown eyes melt my heart everyday.  I have never been anywhere out in public without someone saying how beautiful she is.  I love the attention she gets.  She is so sweet natured.  She is happy constantly and my brother commented the other day that he has still never heard her cry.  She gives smiles to everyone, and is such an easy baby.  I can take her anywhere and she is very content just looking around.

Jeff and I went on our first date since she has been born and grandma and grandpa Steiner said she was just perfect!   And for the first time the other day she sat up in the grocery cart without her car seat!  She loved looking at everyone, and gave multiple people big fat smiles.  Her favorite time of the day is definitely the morning!  She wakes up like she is the happiest person on earth!  And Jeff and I love to sit in bed with her and try to make her laugh.

Chloe is so smart!  She has been observant from day one, always very aware of her surroundings.  She wants to be involved in everything, so much so that she is NOT a cuddler.  We get thirty seconds here and there of cuddle time, and we savor those seconds!

Chloe is super ticklish in between her ribs, and sometimes she wants to laugh hard but a big grunt comes out with a big smile on her face.  Jeff and I agree that her very most favorite thing is being upside down.  Add being upside down and tickling her ribs and you get some serious laughs!

She has the most high pitched squeals! Some so high that you can't hear them for a second and then suddenly a noise comes out!  But she also makes very unladylike noises, and usually in the most awkward of places.... like Fast and Testimony Meeting when someone is crying at the pulpit and everyone is quiet.  There is no doubting she is a Davis, she can be so loud that Jeff and I can't talk over her.  She will forever hold her own at Davis family reunions!

Chloe loves to blow through her lips and make bubble noises, she is so good at it now she can do it for quite a while and make different pitches.  Ever since she could make noises she has sucked in air really fast.  She goes "HHHHHHuuuuuuuup"and at first it scared us like she was choking on something, but she just likes to make the noise.

My favorite place to kiss Chloe is on her cute little forehead!  Jeff loves to kiss her big squishy cheeks!  Her cheeks are so big they hang down below her chin.  My favorite thing she does is when she is making the most random noises and all you can see are her bottom gums!  They are the cutest gums!!!  I'm still trying to capture the perfect picture of her doing it, but every time the camera is pulled out she just stares at it.

She is startled often.  Even when Jeff just walks around a corner and she isn't expecting it, she jumps!  It's sad but funny.  Which is weird because one of her favorite things is to be surprised!  Like when I sneak up on her or pop up over the couch, she just laughs! She doesn't ever giggle, but her laughs are so cute and special.  Sometimes you hardly have to do anything to get a huge smile and a laugh, Jeff can walk into the room and just say "hhhhiiiiiiii!" And she will give him the biggest grin!

Chloe smells SOOOOO GOOOD!  I think her hair holds in the smell of her baby shampoo and it never goes away, I could bottle up her smell it is so good!

She has just learned how to shake her head back and forth really fast, like she is saying NO NO NO NO!  And just today she started to reach for me!  I love it, and I purposefully set her down all day today so that she would reach for me to pick her up!  What a cutie we have! Chloe rolls over perfectly but only to the right, never the left.

I wish I could constantly have our nice camera on me so that I could capture every cute thing that she does, but I rarely have it so most pictures and video of her are taken on my phone.  She is almost always looking into the camera which is fun, but sometimes I just want to capture her candidly, she's just too observant!

We love our Chloe Lynn she is learning everyday and I love being home to see her grow!  Thank you Jeff for allowing me to be here with her all day and for working so hard!  

Jeff made an amazing video of Chloe for me for Christmas!  It makes me cry every single time!  Thank you Jeff, it is VERY special to me!  I loved her first little noises when she started to communicate with us and Jeff was smart to think to add it in at the end!


3 comments:

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

This is so wonderful to document Chloe at this age. You are writing the beginning of her life history with photos included!

I have been trying to write my life history, and I am very aware of what I have and don't have (and should have been documenting). So KEEP THIS UP! You are doing Chloe such a valuable and irreplacable service!

And speaking of Chloe, yes, she is an amazing baby. She is so aware, so happy, so lovable, so special! And of course ADORABLE! What a blessing from God Chloe is to our family!

We love you all!

And you and Jeff are wonderful parents!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

And the video is another INCREDIBLE way to document Chloe's life. It captures her entrance into the world so perfectly!

Jeff, keep it up. This is probably the best way you could ever use your talents - to document your family history in this way!

Your children and wife will be forever grateful to you for this gift of love! (we will too–because we weren't able to be there when Chloe was first born). Thank you for sharing these very intimate and special moments of your family's life! This video truly is touching and brings tears to my eyes as well!

Julie vanHaaster said...

LOVE that video..it kind of makes me sad we didn't do anything like that for Callie! maybe with the next one lol...Love that Chloe girl..I wish we could see her more!