Thursday, July 14, 2011

While I'm waiting...

Yes, baby Davis is very comfortable in my tummy.  I am almost a week overdue and trying to hang on to my sanity.  The baby is doing wonderful!  Moving lots for me everyday even though there isn't much room to move.  Our doctor is wonderful, we just love him!  We had an appointment with him on Monday and he informed us that he thinks the baby is a good 8lbs, so to be sure she was doing ok he sent us in to get an NST (non-stress test).  She has plenty of amniotic fluid surrounding her, and they tracked her heartbeat for about 20 minutes and she was kicking and happy with a perfect heart rate!  While we were at the hospital our awesome Dr. came in to see if everything was going good.  We weren't expecting to see him there and were pleasantly surprised that he took the time out of his busy morning to come and check on us!  So we're just waiting on the baby until Sunday when I'm pretty sure I won't be able to take anymore and I will be induced if there is enough room at the hospital that day. 

Induction is not the route we prefer, of course.  I would give A LOT to go into labor on my own.  I want nature to take it's course. I want to know how it feels, and even if possible what it's like to have my water break on it's own (I guess it's still a possibility but seems like it most likely won't happen).  I love modern medicine, and I'm grateful for it!  Just the fact that inducing is possible has made it a very good option for us.  Of course if it wasn't used as much we wouldn't be as inclined to take that road, but it IS, it's used all the time!  And that makes me want this baby here so much more!  If Jeff and I had even the slightest feeling like we shouldn't induce we would keep waiting, but it doesn't feel like a bad option.  Both of my sisters bodies have had a hard time going into labor on their own and I wonder if mine will be the same. 

I worry about her ALL day.  I have so many more worries now that she is bigger.  What if: one day there isn't much amniotic fluid and we don't know it?  What if: her heart rate slows?  What if: the cord is wrapped tight around her neck?!?!?  It is scary being overdue. I'm scared out of my mind.  Not to mention my emotions are spun up tight and ready to unwind at the craziest things.  I love that I can cry to my husband about how much it hurts when the baby pinches my bladder, about how hard it is to get comfortable, and the discomfort of Braxton Hicks contractions.... especially when I walk up stairs!  He should probably be thinking that he married a crazy woman at this point, but yet there he is, letting me cry it out and grabbing me more tissue's like a stud.  How have you guys described to your husbands how much things hurt and how uncomfortable it is?  I don't feel like I can explain the discomfort like I can describe the wonderful things.  Because lets be honest, feeling the baby have hiccups and moving outweighs all of the discomfort at this point, but it's still nice to have someone to complain to.  Sorry Jeffrey!

I have been trying so hard to keep myself busy over these last couple of weeks.  At first when I left my job I had SO MANY things to do!  I wanted to make sure I had everything done at least a week before I was due.  Three days into being a "stay at home mom" I had everything done.  So I have been coming up with things to keep my mind off of being overdue.  It hasn't been easy!

One day I decided to make eight different meals and freeze them.  It worked.  The day flew by, and my mind was taken off of my worries, but my back and feet were aching so much!  I made: Chicken Enchiladas, Taco Soup, Vegetable Chili, Meatballs and Spaghetti Sauce, Ravioli with sauce, Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Lasagna, and what I think will be Jeff's favorite: Breakfast Burritos!

Jeff's sister Laura Lee kindly lent us her baby bassinet.  And one morning I decided to make some extra sheet's for it rather than buying some.  From what tutorial's said online I didn't have enough fabric with my random leftovers from other projects.  So instead I just decided to figure it out on my own and somehow managed to piece together a cute sheet with elastic and all!  I'm proud of myself.  Who says you need 1 1/4 yard of fabric?!  No wonder I have so many scraps.

Before my niece Tessa was born I made a little baby wipe cover for my sis. to match the baby blanket I made her.  So I decided to do the same thing for myself to match the baby bedding.

I have been looking online for a cute headband to go with the baby's blessing outfit.  Wow, they are expensive!  I had a 50% off one item at JoAnn's Fabrics, so I went and found the matching fabric that my sister Chantel used to make the blessing gown and made my own headband!   I can't decide if the flower clip I made to go with it will be the one I use at the blessing, because I think I have one more idea with scrap material I might try.
Here is the simple satin headband
 The clip I put fabric around, and then the flower I attached to it
Finished!
 I also thought it would be cute with a black headband, and it is!

After I made those I watched a tutorial on YouTube on how to make a rosebud with scrap material.  It was super easy and turned out cute! I just hand sewed them onto leftover elastic I had from the baby sheets:

 I still can't believe my baby's head will be as small as I mad these, but that is the size that all of the tutorial's online said, so I hope they fit her!  It made for a fun day anyway.

Now what to do tomorrow?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

haloheaven.com girl. Beyond amazing prices! A dozen headbands for like 2 bucks!!!! Check it out! Can't wait to see pics of that baby girl!!!

Katie said...

Jenn I was just thinking about you, but Jess informed me you hadn't had your baby yet. Hang in there, you never know you might just go on your own yet. And if not, the end is near. It's so exciting! Your headbands and wipe case cover are adorable! Maybe one day I can get a little crafty myself. Let us know when your bundle of joy arrives!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

Oh, your projects are so cute! You seem to whip up things with ease–which is a talent in and of itself. Your little girl will always be dolled up–I can already tell!

Well, as I write this, you're in the hospital soon to have your little baby girl. You got your wish, and your water broke on your own!

The day has FINALLY ARRIVED. By the way, I guessed this date so I might have to go buy myself some chocolates in the Steiner tradition!