WE'RE PREGNANT!
How we found out:
While we were on vacation in Hawaii over Thanksgiving I was feeling nauseous the entire trip and found myself not eating because things smelled weird and the thought of food alone made me run to the bathroom, especially when Jeff mentioned "Garlic Shrimp" EVERYTIME we passed a shrimp truck. Ew, I still can't think about it! Ick, ew, gross, blah, heeby jeebies....
We've been trying for a little bit to get pregnant but i've had so many negative pregnancy test's and had sign's of "cramping and spotting" (sorry men) that I tried to think nothing of it. The day before Thanksgiving I made us run into the local grocery store saying "I know i'm getting my hopes up again, but I have to know!" (BTW pregnancy tests in Hawaii are a lot more expensive than in Utah).
We went to our favorite beach that we call "Our Beach". We wanted to hurry and get some sunset pictures and I said "I have to take it now!" We happened to be all alone so I ran in between two lovely lava rocks, waited the appropriate three minutes and we both looked with complete shock! We weren't expecting a plus sign!
I didn't think I could be so happy! We said a prayer of thanks right there on the beach that we can finally start our family! It was a very special moment for us.
After we flew home I ran and took another test just to be sure. I was still so doubtful even though I was super sick! Turns out we were already 8 weeks along, and i'm now almost 14 weeks!
Yesterday we went in to hear the heartbeat. Oh! what a sweet sound! I'm finally a believer that there is a baby inside of me! Having Morning Sickness is my new favorite kind of sickness, but I am VERY thankful that it is dwindling with my second trimester, whew! The only problem i'm having now is my blood sugar, but I am learning.
Don't mind me, I had just been crying (see the wet marks on Jeff's shirt?) We were so happy!
Yep I'm showing already, I asked my doctor about this and he said "some women just show faster". I'm glad i'm one of those women because I'm proud to show off my belly!

14 comments:
I know you are pregnant because you are glowing!!
What a pretty mother the baby will have :)
Your post was incredibly beautiful Jenn. I'm in tears right now after reading it. I couldn't be happier, and I am thrilled for you and Jeffrey.
You look simply beautiful, and you are glowing! That second trimester gets MUCH better, and it's the BEST!
I love you and Jeffrey with all my heart!
I've now added your baby to our family prayers. I'm so excited.
Oodalolli oodalloli gally what a day!!!!!!
Im so happy for you!!!
I love you!
ps tell misty to add my email to her blog so i can look at it.
congrats to you and jeff!!! you guys will be GREAT parents, and i am so happy for both of you!
mary
CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting for you guys! Are you finding out what your having???? I'll be watching your blog to see!!! YEAH!!! :)
Congratulations! How exciting. You will be a wonderful mother.
Congrats Jen!! That is so exciting :)
Yay! Jack is excited to be a big cousin! We're all dying to know what names you have in mind!
This is so exciting! I know the feeling of lots of negatives and just that one positive is the GREATEST feeling in the world! What a wonderful place to find out! We must be really close in due dates! Love the baby bump already. its the best. congrats!
AWESOME! Congrats Jen!
congrats again!! We are so excited for you guys! You are going to be the best parents. Having babies is the very best in the world.
Oh my goodness, yay!!! I am quickly checking blogs so I don't have time to read it all now, but I'm excited to later! I love these posts, so exciting :) Congrats Jenn, I'm so happy for you guys! And way to be proud and show off your prego belly :)
We're soooo excited for you two!!! Congratulations!
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
Oh man, you had me tearing up for sure. I know the feeling of lots and lots of negative tests and total disbelief when you get a positive one! What a beautiful story, and I know it will get even better!
Congrats, you guys!
Post a Comment